Monday, January 23, 2012

Thursday, 01-19-12

So this was my last long run before the 50k. Wanted to make sure I added to the 7 miles from the night before and run at least 20 miles so I ran a few extra blocks here and there, even though it was going to be good and cold the whole run.

Around mile 7 I had to stop and use the bathroom. I didn't want to, I knew that the cold wind was going to make me pay if I stopped, but I had to. Quick stop, started back up, felt like I was being cut into shreds by the wind against the moisture of my shirt, then settled back into the run.

Around mile 10 my old friends right knee pain and top of left foot pain came to hang out. By mile 16 right knee pain was totally dominating and I didn't even notice left foot pain anymore. Around mile 20 left foot pain came back and brought left knee pain with him. Sweet! One foot in front of the other. Finished up by running 21.3 miles, 3:13:26, 9:04 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment